The last time I drove to Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta:
- I forgot about the time difference (Eastern time zone, an hour later)
- I drove like a maniac
- ...when I noticed a state trooper coming in the opposite direction, so I headed for a service road then pulled into someone's driveway, hoping to evade him.
- I didn't - he took his sweet ass time and handed me a speeding ticket for 77 mph in a 55 mph zone ($220)
- I finally found a parking spot at the airport, juggled with all my luggage and found out I missed my flight anyway
- ....and had to reschedule for the moring ($50 fee)
- Then stayed at the Holiday Inn ($110)
The lesson: invest in a really good radar detector. Bastards.
[I'm hoping today's trip is a little less eventful].