12.14.2006

Solo Etoh

I have this rule against drinking alone. Screw my stupid rules.

Blah, blah, oink: my new job is sort of a diagonal move up - I'm overseeing much of my old responsibilities, even though I work for a different company. At first, I tried being laid back - "Oh, hey, when you get the chance, this needs to be done". My ex-boss, though, seems to be caught up in semantics: "this scope of work says it will affect a few machines, but 4 is more than a few. What you're asking is labor intensive and we won't be able to do it."

Uh-huh, uh-huh, I hear what you're saying, but...DO IT ANYWAY!! My jugular has been bulging and twitching for 48 hours and for all the time we've spent disagreeing, the damn work could already have been done. I'm frustrated, annoyed, pissed off and wondering if men like to fight, just for the sake of fighting!

4 comments:

Tony said...

five for fighting, eh?

Tony said...

This music is prine

ColleenQ said...

Tone: good thing I'm a pacifist, huh? HA! And I'm guessing that's a typo, 'cause we saw John Prine and he has nowhere the range of Belly ;)

Tony said...

ndeed! You caught the typo through the filter. What I meant to say was that the music was PRIME. I like that song, it bears repeating.