6.15.2009

From Jury to Defendant

My trial date has been postponed, which is fantastic news for the procrastinator in me. The insomniac sharing my skin, however, doesn't seem to appreciate the ongoing emotional weight of fines and/or jail time. 

Coincidentally, one of the guys* my sister & I met in the bar that night called to check on me, because he'd been worried when one of our drinking buddies never showed up for work again. He was sober-ish that night, had a bad feeling, and wondered if he should've been more persuasive about letting us stay in his spare bedroom. He didn't want to come across as that creepy guy, though, which is honorable, but since when do men worry about that?

*Lance Armstrong. This may or may not actually have been his name, but that's what showed up in my phone.

Lance volunteered to be my character witness, if I needed one, which would be great if the judge agreed that buying rounds of shots made for a model citizen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trial? Is there an invisible post somewhere?
More to the point, what for? Are you guilty? (Say yes).

flooz said...

What night?! What did you do? Or not do? Will you have to speak Italian at this trial?

Haphazardkat said...

LOL @ speak Italian...

Good luck, Chickie.

Might wanna stock up on that soap that hangs on a rope and...lube.
Yah. Lube is good...

Sultan said...

From the defense standpoint delay is always good.

ColleenQ said...

Our family heritage often involves alcohol, some driving (perhaps reckless), combined with some story-telling/exaggeration, which could possibly be construed as 'falsifying police reports'. My paranoia prevents me from going into detail...